Dr Arshad Jamal
Dr Arshad Jamal is Dean & Director of Research and Education Northumbria University London Campus. He has substantial experience in academic leadership, strategic planning, people development, programme development, teaching and research. He has held key positions of Associate Dean and Programme Director at the London campus since 2014. Prior to that Arshad held positions of Programme Director MBA and Course Director Computing Systems Programmes at London campuses of Roehampton and Ulster Universities. He has also held Post Graduate Research supervisor positions in the UK’s top-ranking Universities including the University of Warwick and Cranfield University. Arshad has also held a doctoral researcher position at Brunel University.
Arshad holds a PhD in Information Systems and Computing from Brunel University and is an internationally recognised academic. His teaching background covers a diverse range of subjects including Information Systems, Business and Data Analytics, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Strategic Leadership, E-Business, and Information Security. His research interest lies in Information Systems, Information Cyber Security, Knowledge Management, Operations Management, International Business and E-Learning.
Arshad also holds the Chief External Examiner position at Manchester Met University and External Examiner position at Staffordshire University. He has led successful projects to gain accreditations of programmes from professional bodies such as the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB), Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), British Accreditation Council (BAC) and British Computer Society (BCS).
Arshad has wealth of industry and consultancy experience. He has been working with leading UK companies including British Telecom, Microsoft, Cisco and Lloyd’s Bank to design innovative academic degree apprenticeship programmes including MSc Digital Technology Solutions, MSc Strategic Leadership Senior Leader, BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Technical Professional and BSc (Hons) Project Management Degree Apprenticeship. He has also worked in the IT industry as Chief Technical Officer and led teams delivering large IT projects.
Key research publications
- Haq,A., Majeed,A., Magoulas, George D. , Jamal, A.(2020) Transformative Power of Smart Technologies Enabled by Advances in AI. In book: Advances in Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, and E-Services. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-0131-3.ch001
- Kendzierskyj, S. Jahankhani, H., Jamal, A. Jimenezand,J.I.(2019) The Transparency of Big Data, Data Harvesting and Digital Twins. In Book Blockchain and Clinical Trial. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-11289-9_6
- Jahankhani, H., Kendzierskyj, S., Jamal, A. Epiphaniou,G. and M. Al-Khateeb. (2019) Blockchain and Clinical Trial. Publisher: Springer, Cham.
- Butt, J.U. Abbod,M., Lors.A. , Jahankhani,H., Jamal,A. and Kumar,A. (2019). Ransomware Threat and its Impact on SCADA. IEEE 12th International Conference on Global Security, Safety and Sustainability (ICGS3). DOI: 10.1109/ICGS3.2019.8688327
- Malik,A. Tran, M.H.,Abumustafa, N.I. and Jamal,A. (2018) Examining-the-Integration-between-Vietnamese-Stock-Market-and-Markets-from-US-UK-China-Japan-and-ASEAN . International Journal of Developing and Emerging Economies Vol.6, No.2, pp.21-38, November 2018
- Rodriguez, F.D., Malik,A., Abumustafa, I.N., Jamal, A. (2019) Explanatory Power of Selected Proxies in Predicting Stock Returns of Large U.K. Companies. International Journal of Business and Management. Vol. 14, No. 4; 2019
- Nguyen, L.T., Jamal, A., Brien, J.O. and Nawaz, I.Y. (2017), “The effect of click & collect service in the context of retail atmospherics on consumer buying behaviour in terms of repurchase intention: an empirical study of Tesco UK”, 4th International Conference on Innovation in Economics and Business, IPEDR vol.87, IACSIT Press, Singapore, pp. 43-51.
- Haq, A., Magoulas, G., Jamal, A. and Majeed, A. (2017) Users perceptions of e-learning environments and Services effectiveness: the emergence of the Concept functionality model. Journal of Enterprise Information Management
- Khedhaouria,A. Jamal,A. (2015),”Sourcing knowledge for innovation: knowledge reuse and creation in projectteams”, Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 19 Iss 5 pp. 932-948 http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JKM-01-2015-0039.
- Khedhaouria, A. and Jamal, A. (2014). Knowledge sourcing, reuse and creation in innovation project teams. 7th International Symposium GeCSO Knowledge Management in Organizations and Society.
- Jamal, A., Coughlan, J. and Kamal, M. (2013). Mining Social Network Data for Personalization and Privacy Concerns: A Case Study of Facebook’s Beacon. International Journal of Business Information Systems.
- Coughlan, J., Jamal, A., Macredie, R. D. (2012). AGENT: ALUMNI GROWTH AND ENGAGEMENT ACROSS NEW TECHNOLOGIES. In proceedings of European, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems 2012 (EMCIS2012) June 7-8, Munich, Germany.
- Coughlan, J., Swift, S. Jamal, A., Macredie, R.D. (2012). The effects of social networking on social capital and employability for Computing and Business students. In the proceedings of 2nd Annual International conference on education & e-Learning. Bali, Indonesia
- Jamal, A. and Cole, M. (2009). A Heuristic Evaluation of the Facebook’s Advertising Tool Beacon. Information Science and Engineering (ICISE), 2009 1st International Conference , vol., no., pp.1527-1530, 26-28 Dec. 2009
- Jamal, A. and Cole, M. (2009) Rethinking privacy in social networks: A case study of beacon. In: Poulymenakou, A, Pouloudi, N, Pramatari, K (eds). 4th Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems. Athens: Athens University of Economics & Business. 2009. CDROM.