I am an academic from a computer science background with a total of 6 years of teaching and research experience, specializing in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), who is motivated to serve in the areas of assistive and education technologies by proposing next-generation gamification solutions. I have made significant contributions to HCI and published 16 high-quality research articles (including 10 as a first author) in well-reputed journals and conferences such as Smart Learning Environments (SMLE), Interactive Learning Environments (NILE), and ACM Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI). So far, I have had the opportunity to supervise 17 bachelor’s and 10 master’s thesis students.
I am currently working as a Lecturer of Computer Science and/or Game Development at Cardiff School of Technologies, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff, United Kingdom where a primary focus of my research is twofold:
- Conduct empirical studies to explore user experience (UX) with assistive and educational games to establish an insight into their critical aspects through an information visualization approach.
- Adopt user-centered design (UCD) and computational psychology approaches to propose next-generation assistive and educational games to ensure productive, easy-to-use, and safer UX.
Academic and Industry experience
|Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff, UK
||Lecturer in Computer Science and/or Game Development
||May 2022 – Till Date
|COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI), Lahore Campus, Pakistan
||Aug 2017 – Apr 2022
|COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Lahore, Pakistan
||Oct 2010 – Sept 2011
- Faizan. A* et al., (2023), Comprehending the influence of brain games mode over playfulness and playability metrics: A fused exploratory research of players’ experience. Interactive Learning Environments (NILE), DOI: 10.1080/10494820.2023.2205906. (SSCI IF: 5.49 – Q1)
- Faizan. A* et al., (2023), A Pilot Study on the Evaluation of Cognitive Abilities’ Cluster through Game-based Computationally Intelligent Technique. Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP), DOI: 10.1007/s11042-023-15100-x. (SCIE IF: 4.10 Q1)
- Faizan. A et al., (2021), Effect of Gaming Mode upon the Players’ Cognitive Performance during Brain Games Play: An Exploratory Research. International Journal of Game-Based Learning (IJGBL), Volume 11, Issue. 1, Article 5, DOI: 10.4018/IJGBL.2021010105. (ESCI IF: 1.87 – Q2)
- Faizan. A et al., (2020), Behavioral Profiling: A Generationwide Study of Players’ Experiences during Brain Games Play. Interactive Learning Environments (NILE). DOI: 10.1080/10494820.2020.1827440 (SSCI IF: 5.22 – Q1)
- Faizan. A et al., (2017), BrainStorm: A Psychosocial Game Suite Design for Non-invasive Cross-generational Cognitive Capabilities Data Collection. Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence (JETAI), Volume. 29, Issue. 6. (SCIE IF: 2.85 – Q3)
Qualifications and Professional Membership
||Level of Membership