How to pay your tuition fees
International students are required to pay a minimum tuition fee deposit of £5,500.
(If you are a sponsored student, please see the relevant section below before making any payments.
Please note, if you are a Tier 4 student and have made an additional payment after you have been issued a CAS, you do not need to contact us to amend your CAS. You should provide any additional payment receipts as evidence of further funds paid with your visa application.
As per the Terms and Conditions of Offer, you are required to fulfil 50% of your tuition fee payment on or before the university enrolment. This includes the minimum deposit payments already made (i.e. your £5,500 deposit) and any other payment. If you haven’t paid the 50% of your tuition fee, you will be required to do so during the university enrolment.
You can find details of our Early Payment Discount here.
Our payment information for self-funding students can be found below. So we can allocate your payment to your student account, please quote your name and student ID when making your payment.
|Bank name and address
||BARCLAYS BANK PLC
(CITY) , 51, MOSLEY STREET , MANCHESTER, M60 2AU
||Northumbria L C Limited
||GB52 BARC 2055 5880 5658 81
The University accepts payments from the following cards:
- Visa Credit
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
- American Express
If you would prefer to make your payment over the phone then please use one of the phone numbers listed below:
+44 (0)121 616 7502
+44 (0)207 656 8450
You can pay by credit/debit card at the Finance office. Please note that we may require you to provide photo identification at the time that you make such payment.
This identification should either be a passport or student ID card which we will copy and attach to your application.
Please note although we do accept cash you will need to provide evidence to the origin of the cash.
Pay online with PaytoStudy
Pay online with PaytoStudy
You can now pay your tuition fees online via PaytoStudy. PaytoStudy is a foreign exchange company, which lets you make international payments without incurring international banking charges, while receiving competitive foreign exchange rates.
How does it work?
- Register on the secure PaytoStudy domain and enter your payment details
- You’ll receive the exchange rate for that day, which you can choose to guarantee for 48 hours and you will have the option of choosing between a wire transfer, or credit card payment
- Once PaytoStudy receive your payment, the funds are immediately transferred to us from the PaytoStudy bank account in the UK
You can find out more about PaytoStudy here.
How to pay online
Pay online here
- Confirm your Student Reference Number – this is your application number and begins with an A, followed by 8 numbers
- Visit the payment website and complete the brief registration form. Choose between wire transfer and credit card payment. Click ‘YES’ you are ready to pay today and then select ‘Process Transaction’.
- If you chose credit card payment just enter your details and if you chose wire transfer you will be asked to transfer the funds to the advised bank account.
- Email email@example.com with a copy of your passport, and your unconditional offer letter. If you have chosen wire transfer, please also include a copy of the payment receipt.
- Your payment will be made in your local currency and once PaytoStudy receive your funds and required documents, they will transfer the funds to us in GBP and email you confirmation of payment.
If you are funding your studies through Student Finance England, please refer to the following for full information and the terms and conditions of the undergraduate and postgraduate loans that are available:
Additional information for international students
If a university approved sponsor is paying your fees, you are exempt from paying a deposit providing:
- You have provided a valid sponsor letter by email to the admissions team along with your acceptance form.
- You hand in a financial guarantee letter on enrolment. If the University does not receive a financial guarantee letter, you will be invoiced and held liable for payment of fees.
- The financial guarantee letter should be on Company/Sponsor letterhead and include:
- Student number;
- Student name;
- The amount or the percentage of the sponsorship;
- Relevant contact person and their email address at the company;
- Any purchase order or reference, required by the sponsor;
- A VAT registration number is applicable;
- Full address of organisation.
- The sponsor letter/financial guarantee meets the UKVI requirements if you are studying on a Tier 4 visa.
Unfortunately, Northumbria University is not currently able to accept financial guarantee/sponsor letters from students sponsored by:
- The Libyan Cultural Attaché, London
- Nigerian sponsor organisations
- Ghanaian sponsor organisations
Students who have financial guarantee letters should follow the instructions in the “Paying your Tuition Fee Deposit” section of this webpage and pay their deposit and tuition fee as a self-funded student would. Should the sponsor subsequently be in a position to pay then the University can accept payment from the sponsor and in return will refund the student.
In addition to your tuition fees, you should also allow enough funds to cover your living expenses for the duration of your studies. The actual amount that you will need depends on your lifestyle, but the UKVI recommend that the minimum amount required by a single student to cover basic living expenses (e.g. accommodation, heating, food) is approximately £1,265 in London.
If you are applying for a Tier 4 Visa to enter the UK, please refer to the information on maintenance requirements to support your visa. It is important that you read this information very carefully as it is your responsibility to ensure that you hold the correct funds required for your visa application otherwise your visa may be refused.