We strongly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible to allow you to complete all the preparations needed to study in the UK. After receiving an offer it can take time to arrange your finances and apply for your visa and it is important that you arrive in good time to enrol onto your course. Please refer to the Dates and Fees page.
Methods of Application
There are various methods of applying to Northumbria, depending of the level of study.
Directly to the University
Using the Apply online button on our course pages is the preferred option for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught applications. This method allows you to upload your supporting documents at time of application and automatically receive your student application number. You can use the links below to start your online application.
If you are not able to apply online, then you can download a PDF application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for Undergraduate courses can also be made through UCAS.
The UCAS institution code for Northumbria University is N77
If you apply through UCAS you will also need one of the following course codes depending on your chosen programme.
BSc (Hons) Applied Computing (Top-Up): G510
BA (Hons) Business (Top-Up): N1N8
BA (Hons) Business Enterprise, Creation and Management (Top-Up): N190
BA (Hons) International Banking and Finance (Top-Up): N4N2
Find out more about applying through UCAS.
In order for us to assess your application in a timely manner, it is important that you provide us with the following documents:
- Fully completed application form
- Personal Email address must be included on application form
- Transcripts and/or certificates (including a certified translation if not in English)
- Passport – copy of personal details page
- Proof of financial sponsorship if applicable
- Portfolio if required (Art and Design portfolios only to be sent with application. Any other courses requiring a portfolio you will be notified how to send, after we receive your application)
- Confirmation of immigration history including copies of previous and current visas if applicable
If you are applying online you can upload all relevant documents at point of application. If you are submitting a PDF application form, please enclose copies of all documents with your application form.
Application forms and guides
If you’re looking for tips on writing your personal statement for your Masters application, you can also check the video below: