Olugbenga Akintola, PhD
Olugbenga Akintola is currently a Lecturer at the faculty of Business and Law, Northumbria University, London. As a seasoned university lecturer, researcher, entrepreneur, and business development expert, he adopts various innovative pedagogical approaches to enthuse and motivate students, thereby enhancing their learning engagement.
Dr Akintola has strong expertise and high proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research, having been involved in multidisciplinary research projects with adept theoretical and empirical knowledge. As an astute business educator, he has worked in the industry and academia with research interest in business management, entrepreneurial creativity, start-up innovation and strategy, employee engagement, marketing communications among others.
Academic and Industry experience
Olugbenga has over 15 years hands-on industry and higher education teaching experience across nations in two continents, including United Kingdom. In his previous employments, he had functioned in different roles including the Departmental Examination Officer and Acting Sub-Dean (postgraduate programmes).
As an entrepreneur, he has contributed to successful enterprise start-ups in real estates, hospitality, support services, education and FMCGs industries.
- Abosede, A. J. & Akintola, O. A. (2014). Local Government Funding: Entrepreneurial perspective to internally generated funds (IGR). International Journal of Managerial Studies and Research. 2(5), 9-16. http:www.arcjournals.org
- Abosede, S. C., Akintola, O. A. & Lemo T. F. (2021). Dual effects of Covid-19 Pandemic on Educational Development in Nigeria. East Africa Journal of Social and Applied Sciences, 3(2), 166-175.
- Akintola, O. A., Fejoh, J., Adeyemi, A. P. & Oluwo, O. A. (2022). Perception of professional competence of business studies teachers and students’ academic performance in Nigeria: The industrial relations approach. Journal of Education in Black Sea Region, 8(1), 122-128. https://doi.org/10.31578/jebs.v8i1.285
- Akintola, O. A., Abosede, S. C. & Itiola, M. K. (2021). Students’ Enrolment in Nigerian Private Universities: The Pull Effect of Corporate Image and Promotional Appeal. Interdisciplinary Journal of Education 4(2). 146-155. University of Uganda: https://doi.org/10.53449/ije.v4i2.63
- Akintola, O. A. (2016). Cultivating Entrepreneurial Culture among the Nigerian Youths: The Fulcrum of Constructivists Teaching Strategies. Caribbean Educational Research Journal. 4(2), 53-73.
- Akintola, O. A. & Alao, O. E. (2016). Adopting Contemporary Human Resource Management Strategies on Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria. Babcock University Journal of Education. 2(1), 118-12.
- Shokunbi, O., Akintola, O. & Taylor, C. (2022), Enhancing employee engagement in the Nigerian health sector: the HRD implications. The International Journal of HRD: Practice Policy and Research. https://en.calameo.com/books/0064269857880d1e16887.
- Shokunbi, O. A. & Akintola O. A. (2020), Employee Engagement within the Nigerian Public Sector: An Examination of One of the Largest University Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria. https://www.africaacademyofmanagement.org/conferences/index.php/afambc/bc2020/paper/view/107
- Ogunyemi, A. O. & Akintola, O. A. (2015) Job demand and mental strain: The mediating effect of achievement motivation with Nigerian bank workers. Journal of psychology and social studies. 9(2) 51-89.
- Ogunyemi, A. O., Akintola, O. A. & Adesoye, . (2023). Entrepreneurial aspiration: An empirical analysis of the role of achievement striving behaviour, personal growth initiative and goal setting. The Journal of Developing Areas, 57(1), 1-11. DOI:10.1353/jda.2023.0000
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Business Education
- Master’s Degree (M.Ed.) in Business Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (Sc./Ed.-Hons) in Business Education.
- National Diploma (ND) in Business Studies.
- British Academy of Management (BAM), United Kingdom Member
- American Higher Education Alliance (AHEA), United States Member
- The International Academy Forum (IAFOR), Japan Member
- Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) Member
- Association of Business Educators of Nigeria (ABEN) Member
- Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) Member
- General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTC) Member
- Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) Member